Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What Does An Egg Timer Have To Do With Network Marketing?

Why in the world would you need to buy a vital office supply for your business in the baking section of the grocery store!? It seems that some of us have a focusing problem, especially when it comes to social media. Facebook seems to suck me in like a vapor. I might as well be baking cookies all day long, because most days it seems like I get nothing accomplished.

Today, I bought an egg timer and I have 15 minutes to check my e-mail, 15 minutes to check my facebook and 15 minutes to do follow up calls and if the follow up call goes longer, well that is just luck shining its bright pretty head down on me.

As I was walking in the grocery store that little voice told me, "Oh, this is a stupid idea, the sound is going to drive me crazy." But I ignored the voice, bought the egg timer and now I have a $4.99 business write off clicking away beside me. Actually, I kind of like the sound, I feel like things are getting done, baking in a sense.

I hope I don't make anyone mad with my brief e-mail responses, of 'yes' or 'I agree' or 'that is great.' I get those, they are annoying, but I see the importance. I also see the importance of making lists. Usually the last thing on my list for the day is to make a list for tomorrow.

Focus! Focus! Focus! Make a list, buy an egg timer and be prepared. How can you be prepared when you are flitting around for hours on facebook. I am sure there are others out there who have the same problem as I do. Admit it, raise your hand, be proud. Be proud to be a wanderer, but learn not to waste time. Don't you think that time might be one of our most precious commodities.

Learning to be focused creates Will-Power.

"Will-power is but the un-flinching purpose to carry a task you set for yourself to fulfillment."
from The Richest Man in Babylon.

No comments:

Post a Comment